Saturday, May 4, 2013

Prague Final Blah

That was the last major activity we did in Prague, but I just wanna close with a couple small things. The first is the subway ticket, on which Ed noticed an aphorism:


It seems kind of funny and obvious, but when you think about it, I guess they sort of need to put that on there. Because public transportation tickets are based on time, not distance, you have to stick the ticket into a little validation machine when you start your journey, and from that, anyone checking your ticket will know if you're still within the time allotted. No one ever czeched our tickets, though, and there were no ticket-taking machines at the subways exits, either, so I imagine it's pretty easy to get a free ride.

Anyway, second thing is this really unexpected amazing food experience we had. The last night we were there, it was late at night, and we were wandering around trying to find a late night snack that wasn't deep fried or salty or whatever. We managed to find a little bar-fe that was just about to close, but they had some sort of cheesecake or something that I could eat. The others just got a drink, but since they had already turned off the coffee machines, Dana and Ed just got hot chocolate. They were assuming it was hot cocoa, but actually it turned out to be more literal than that. It was a mug of what seemed very close to being molten chocolate, but with the creamy texture of (American!!!) pudding. This is something that I have dreamed about all my life. I really should have gotten my own mug right when I tried Ed's, but I think we were trying to not inconvenience the workers too much, since by then they'd be closing in like 15 minutes. So I just drank most of Ed's mug o' chocolate. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment